Wednesday 9 March 2011

Teachers today

wish I could change the world! I used the video as a checklist to evaluate whether I am one of the Teachers of Today.

I have the autonomy within my field to change my way of working but with limited opportunities to share with colleagues at work who have limited resources (time!) I feel I am paddling my own canoe and not getting anywhere.

I am finding new approaches to work more efficiently and effectively in a rapidly changing world instilling curiosity, exciting learners but very little in the way of extending the possibilities of solving learners' learning problems.

Change is something that most people fear as it might take them out of their comfort zone. Lead change by example, take one step at a time which I am doing now - I am at my third step of extending the use of e-portfolios in the institution.

No comments:

Post a Comment